Thoughts For Next Time
I’ve been thinking about the work we’ve done in the class this quarter and how we might restructure it for 2011. Initial thoughts (and questions) follow:
- The goal for having everyone install WordPress (a theme, plugins, etc) is so that everyone is at least familiar with the technology. I think that this becomes a two-step process: a mid-term assessment for everyone. Then those people who are using this installation as a final project will springboard from this point. Those people who are working together on a final project can shift focus and tweak design based on feedback.
- I think the weekend workshop was timed pretty well – although we might be able to work it in a week sooner. However, I think we should have a second weekend workshop about week 8.
- I thought the discussion leader sessions went well. Yes?
- How do we better incorporate design/usability issues?
- How much actual “code” writing (CSS, HTML) do we need to integrate?