Personal Website Status
Brand positioning: My tagline is in development. I want the design to balance creativity and professionalism.
Visual appeal: The theme I’ve selected is called Color Paper. I’m working to adapt it for my portfolio site. I plan to include images of my work samples as well as a few images that convey my personality/interests.
Navigation/organization: I’ve inserted the following page headers at top: Bio, Services, Portfolio, and Contact. I’ve also inserted the following subpages under my Portfolio parent page: Marketing Programs, Media Results, and Writing Samples. My theme includes a vertical menu that I’d like to customize if possible.
Written content: I plan to keep body copy concise and conversational in tone.
Presentation/quality of work samples: I’d like to show images of 15-20 work samples and provide easily readable text below in a standard font.
I’ve added the plugins below to date.
- Akismet – checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not
- Featured Content Gallery – used to create a customizable rotating image gallery anywhere within your site
- Google XML Sitemaps – generates a special XML sitemap that helps search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing to better index your blog
- LinkedIn Resume – displays your LinkedIn resume on your blog
- Twitter Tools – provides integration between your WordPress blog and Twitter
- YouTube Brackets – allows you to insert YouTube videos within blog posts using the bracket method
I’d like my Portfolio pages to be password protected if possible.
Next steps: My current priority is to adapt my theme – I need it to align more closely with the purpose of my website. Once I’ve accomplished this task, I’ll revisit functionality. Finally, I’ll develop and insert content.